czwartek, 28 maja 2009

When you teach your teachers

The tests are over and to be honest, I don't really care about the score. A fail's a fail, a pass is a pass, whatever will be, will be and there's nothing I can do about it now, once they're written (I'm feeling philosophical). I've got more important matters to attend to.

Tomorrow's the Big Day. The Wikiworkshop at the University of Gdańsk. I'm very, very nervous, and not really because I'll be teaching my teachers (some of whom are going to read this entry, I guess. Hello, nice to see you here). The importance of this workshop is paramount in two ways. One, it might pave an entirely new way for Wikimedia projects into Polish universities by proving that YES, it CAN be used by them in a multitude of ways as a secondary teaching method. And two, if we really want the Interwiki Night Live event at the Wikimania 2010 to be successful (and we do, don't we?), I have to do my best to show that this is a good idea. No epic fails this time.

Still, I believe it's going to work out all right. I can't really be sure, but I think that this could be the very first time editing Wikipedia as such is the core of an academic course. And when I get involved in something completely new and crazy, it usually goes according to plan.

Brak komentarzy:

Prześlij komentarz